A new keeper's guide to the Pogona Rankini / Henrylawsoni Dragon

It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

sponsored by tropical fish guide pocket edition

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Why wont my rankins eat on a regular bases?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 am 

Pet Dragon Info:
1 suspected Male and 2 females
Hi i have 3 rankins together all un-related and i have 1 male and 2 females. I got a pair last year from a good friend and everything was going well eating loads over the summer period. As the rankins slowed down in winter i didnt know they burmated tbh so at the time this was new to me even though i did my research i never cam across this ! So even though they slowed down i didnt take hours off the uv during the day and the temp was the same and i was also offering food them to even though they werent too interested but they had a drink from a pipette every now and then. They soon picked up again at the end of feb but they havent really been the same since not eating like they were before. Soon another female became available but was in bad shape so i qurantined her for 2months and had them all vet checked and a feacal done. Everything was fine and they also get on fine :). But i still dont understand why they are not eating on a regular bases? My reptile vet recommended to maybe burmate them for 2 weeks (lower the hr of the lighting to 6hrs from 12h, and lower the temps). Would you recommend doing this? He also gave me some reptoboost to try but even though they are sometimes really active but then other times really lethargic, im really not sure what to do? Please help!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]