A new keeper's guide to the Pogona Rankini / Henrylawsoni Dragon

It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

sponsored by tropical fish guide pocket edition

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why won't my rankins dragons breed?!?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:15 pm 

Pet Dragon Info:
1 suspected Male and 2 females
Hi everyone i have 3 rankins dragons which are called rambo,saphire and kaleeko. Im supposed to have 1 male and two females, one of the females is a proven breeder and the other is a deffo female as there are no bulges but the male has two bulges ever side at the top of the tail but he doesn't seem interested in breeding with the females (no head bobbing). So im wondering if he is actually a male :lol: Many thanks if anyone could help me out and tell me if he actually a male here is a pic. P.S the suspected male is around 2yrs and the non proven female is also around 2yrs and the proven female is around 3yrs.

Post subject: Re: Why won't my rankins dragons breed?!?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:31 pm 

Pet Dragon Info:
Here are pics of each dragon to help ;)
Male and female both not proven

Female proven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm 

Pet Dragon Info:
1 breeding pair of rankins. 5 babies hatched december 2011. 8 babies hatched may 2012.
13 more eggs laid today 22/5/12.
Hi extremerankins,
That photograph is definitely showing a male. My male has the same bulges and is about 3 years old. I also have a proven female and loads of babies as well. If the unproven male and female have not been together long they may need to settle down first. Let nature take its course. My pair are always head bobbing but have been together for a couple of years now. Anyway your dragons look great. Yours Murph67.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:35 am 

Pet Dragon Info:
murph67 wrote:
Hi extremerankins,
That photograph is definitely showing a male. My male has the same bulges and is about 3 years old. I also have a proven female and loads of babies as well. If the unproven male and female have not been together long they may need to settle down first. Let nature take its course. My pair are always head bobbing but have been together for a couple of years now. Anyway your dragons look great. Yours Murph67.

Thanks mate i have just recently put the proven with other two so lets see what happens there. But the other male has been with the female since last year around this time so he should have got settled then but you know, but also they have grown quite alot looking at some old pics of them and therefore i think they may be younger but who knows. Not sure if weigh and length makes any difference, the male is 10.5 inches long and weighs 81grams, un-proven female
7.5 inches long(stumpy tail) and is 82grams, and the proven female is 8inches long(stumpy tail) and weighs 81grams. So they all weigh around the same :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]